add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

is this psu good?

l13199l
  • 81 months ago

i have a budget build, at first i was going with a 450w corsair modular psu for around $98. then it was suggested to go with a 700w that i could get for the same price and future proof it. I agreed about future proofing, and am now looking at a 750w coolmax non modular one. The logic is to not end up buying a different psu when im ready to upgrade. Personally i dont care about future proofing it, as its ivy bridge and i want a haswell system, but should i keep the coolmax, or switch to a corsair?

Comments

• 81 months ago
  • 1 point

Eh, coolmax psu's don't have the best reputation, i would stay away if possible. You could find a similar Corsair or Silverstone at the same price point. This Corsair is $89, has a better warrenty, and is 750w. But, unless you plan to crossfire or something, i dont think a 700w psu would be necessary, a 600w would be cheaper.

• 81 months ago
  • 1 point

solid thanks very much! and also yeah, i just want 750w for anything i msy decide to do when i can build this into a high end machine

• 81 months ago
  • 1 point

Its says semi, the mobo power and the cpu power cord are non-modular, but all of you sata and molex are modular.

• 81 months ago
  • 1 point

this is perfect man, thank you so much

• 81 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem

• 81 months ago
  • 1 point

The Corsair HX750 is currently on sale for $99. It's a really excellent PSU with great features. It comes with a 7 year warranty, is 80 PLUS Gold (less heat and more efficient), is semi-modular, and has fanless operation at lower loads (this means less noise). I would say the price is definitely worth it.

• 81 months ago
  • 0 points

get a rosewill capstone

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube