51 months ago
Hey guys, I'm a first time builder here and had to go with a mid-range build, but with a lot of upgradability options. I know the GTX 960 isn't the strongest card, but like I said, this build was built for upgradability.
My question is: How well would my build run Minecraft? I would appreciate it if anybody could tell me how well Minecraft would run on this build under the following conditions:
- Everything on ultra settings
- Using a custom skin
- Use of texture packs would be scarce; maybe one here or there if I like it; normal Minecraft look 99.99% of the time
- Use of mods like Hexxit, etc.; just for fun
- Use of shaders not necessary; lighting affects included in-game and in different mod packs is good enough
- Use of the latest version of OptiFine mod; this would be in use every second of every time I play unless another mod is being used ( obviously since you can't use two mods at once)
|CPU||Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor||$222.75 @ OutletPC|
|Motherboard||MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard||$89.98 @ OutletPC|
|Memory||Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory||$66.78 @ Amazon|
|Storage||Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive||$69.98 @ OutletPC|
|Video Card||Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card||$209.99 @ Amazon|
|Case||NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case||$79.98 @ Newegg|
|Power Supply||XFX XTR 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply||$66.98 @ Newegg|
|Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts|
|Total (before mail-in rebates)||$866.44|
|Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-09 22:59 EDT-0400|
Will this system run Minecraft under all of the conditions listed above? If so, at what FPS?
Thanks in advance!
- Your friendly beginner, Faizan