add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PSU ratings and tiers?

MPipitone
  • 61 months ago

I'm doing a build and looking for a psu but i see all these 80+ bronze and gold rating and tier 1 2 and 3 and i have no idea what any of them mean. can anyone clarify for me?

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

The 80+ Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum/Titanium ratings are the efficiency of the unit. See 80+ Ratings

As for tiers, the list that I use is from Tom's Hardware's Forum: Found here It was recently "redone" as a new topic due to some issues with the forum preventing editing or whatever... There are other lists, most of them similar. Simple "shortcut", if you don't mind the price, is to get a Seasonic PSU; they're always good...

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I usually go for seasonic, they also make all xfx, a bunch of antec and some others I don't remember, the xfx/antecs are usually a little cheaper than a branded seasonic unit.

psu oem/review database - http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/PSUReviewDatabase.html

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube