add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fractal R5 for SLI?

FirstRespond3r

57 months ago

I can't seem to find anyone with a Fractal R5 and SLI setup. Is the airflow not good enough for a dual GPU setup?

I was debating between an R5 and 450D and many people seem to like the R5 more. But I might lean more towards the 450D if the R5 isn't capable for handling dual GPU

Comments

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

temps in the 450D would be better, but the R5 is a better case otherwise. the 450D is a 300R (really, the same chassis) with a taller top and obsidian style exterior. it's got only two usb ports just like a $70 case and I just don't like it for anything more than $90 max. still, it would have better SLI temps for sure. that's one downside of silent optimized cases.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube