add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Airflow on the NZXT H440

simivacant

57 months ago

Case: NZXT H440 GPU: R9 290X

I've heard that the R9 290X can get pretty hot and that the H440 is built for silence, not airflow. I was thinking about having the front 3 fans on intake, with a Kraken X61 in top and the rear fans both blowing air out.

Do you guys think this setup will be enough to keep the temps down? Should I invest in some Noctua fans?

Comments

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

The R9 290X doesn't get hot if you get a good model, the PowerColor PCS+ is only 5C hotter than a GTX 970.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube