add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is this site allowed to sticky a topic on PSU tiers from the newegg forums?

DreadfulOne
  • 61 months ago

I think there should be a sticky here presenting a list of PSUs broken up into tiers by quality (referencing Newegg forums of course). Either we list them here or just provide a link to the Newegg Forums so that new builders here are briefly educated on the kind of PSU going into their PCs.

For example, I've noticed that there are so many people choosing a Builder Series Corsair PSU (CX500, CS500M, etc...). ranging from office PCs, to even gaming rigs with unlocked CPUs. I can sort of understand that since Corsair is very popular and have established themselves as a top PSU vendor, but nowadays their Builder PSUs are not the same quality as they used to be. There are times when I see people choose a Logisys PSU to cut cost for their budget gaming PC.

What are your thoughts?

Edit: Almost forgot, as FH100 pointed out, there's also Tom's Hardware

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

There's also the Toms Hardware one (though, they may be identical...): http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

I remember someone posting a another website with that info, but can't find it right now...

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Think that one is the more recent, updated one compared to the Newegg one.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, forgot about Tom's Hardware. Whatever the site that shows this information, should be posted on PCPP as well

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

What would be nice, if probably a pain to add, would be to include the Tier levels in the PSU list. Spare room on the page might be an issue, but including it as at least a sortable option would be nice (similar to how MBs can be sorted by SATA ports but doesn't include it on the main list).

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree, if it isn't too much of course. On top of that you can also briefly describe each tier in a guide. I think you should mention your idea on the "Site Feedback and Feature Request" forum.

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

Here's another psu tier list from pcmasterrace protips. http://i.imgur.com/UOu1Vq6.jpg

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree. There should be a sticky for the tier list. Doubt they would be able to add the tier rating to the part.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube