add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Windows 8.1 Full?

ulycar11
  • 63 months ago

So I wanted to stick with Windows 8.1 and I couldn't decide between the OEM or retail version. Once you install OEM you can't reinstall it on another computer right? And on Windows 8.1 full you can transfer the license on to a new pc right? After uninstalling Windows off your old one? Im new to this so any tjingnisn helpful Thank You. P.s written on phone so you might find typos

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Once you install OEM you can't reinstall it on another computer right?

Correct.

And on Windows 8.1 full you can transfer the license on to a new pc right? After uninstalling Windows off your old one?

Correct.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank You!

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Another thing to add. It's the Product key, not the OS itself that you cannot use on another computer if using a OEM kit.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

All ya need to do is go to Control Panel/System and Security/System and at the bottom press Activate windows.

When you put in your product key it may or may not work,if it doesn't just call in like ya had to when ya ran out of installs with windows 7 after the 3 or 4 times ya can install before ya had to call in. When the recording asks how many computers you installed the OS just say One. Which is the truth.

I have done this many times with Windows 7 Pro and now with my copy of Windows 8.1 OEM. I refuse to pay again just to put it on my new system I own,its on only one computer. its only in my home and not in a business,so its not like I am installing the system on 100 computers.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Wrong,I have installed my legit copy of Windows 8.1 OEM that I used on my old system on my new system with no problems.

[comment deleted]
  • 63 months ago
  • 1 point

OEM once installed can't be reinstall on others i think this thread windows 8.1 OEM vs full may help you with some idea.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube