add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Games don't run on my new OS

drewjonn
  • 63 months ago

I just bought the Windows 7 pro and now I'm wondering why games I obtained from Steam don't work.

They disappear after the patch and that's it. I can't run the games at all.

Any possibilities to consider?

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 5 points

Since this is a new OS install, you probably are missing software to run the games.

Update your system for the following software:

1-Microsoft NetFrameWork 4.5

2-Directx, Win7 comes with DX11, get the latest from Microsoft

3-Video card drivers, did you get latest drivers?

4-Microsoft Visual C++. Some games "may" need both 32bit and 64bit for the following years 1-2010, 2-2012, 3-2013 service pack 1. I would suggest starting with 2013 and work backwards. The newer the game, you get by with 2012 and 2013. If it is a older game, may have to go back to 2008? Don't install them all at one time. She what works, then move the the next install.

5-Get the latest version of the game from Steam.

6-Within Steam "verify" your game installed files.

7-Some settings your will need to "right Click" "RUN AS ADMIN" the file to launch the game, even if your logged in user is "admin". With Win Pro, your OS security setting are at a higher priority than for Home Premium for example.

8-Check to see if your system specs meet the minimum to run the game

9-Some of the big new game releases, are coming out as 64bit only. Is yours 32 or 64?

Be sure and reboot after the installs to be on the safe side.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

+1

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Can try with this which is really a good one.

[comment deleted]
  • 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds like you need to verify or reinstall your steam library..

• 63 months ago
  • -1 points

reinstall the os. thats my best guess. before you do that give me the specs of your computer

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube