add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Possibility of UPS Power supply

leonccyiu
  • 61 months ago

With Itx motherboards and small cases, it's possible to build fairly small and portable pcs. For my pc, I can hibernate and take it to a different room such as my living room to connect to the tv. However in the event of a power cut, whereas a laptop would have some time to save everything, I was wondering if it was a possibility for a manufacturer to create an atx psu with enough time for a pc to hibernate or standby for a few minutes in the event of a power cut? This shouldn't matter much in developed countries but anything can happen.

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

It is theoretically possible, but it hasn't been done.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Unrealistic and unlikely to happen.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I can't sure you it will happen. But i can say it may happen.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I mean a 45wh 12v battery is very small nowadays and fairly small, the only reason not to implement one I think is expense, today's psu's are very efficient and generate little heat, if they can see fanless psu's although you need to stick it in the correct orientation, I don't see any reason why they can't stick in a 45wh battery that depending on load will give you a few seconds off the power cord to move your computer to a different room or act as a ups. In fact 20wh should last a few mins and suffice

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube