add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is this a quality psu?

Hmian
  • 61 months ago

Is this a quality and reliable psu. Please no biased opinions. http://m.ncix.com/products/sku/97305

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

For others reading this topic, the OEM is same (FSP) as previous version.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Also this is the newer version that came out and not the previous one which came with red wires and a HANDLE.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "Systems > Part List Opinions Wanted" to "Hardware > Power Supplies".

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

K bro.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

It's OK... Mid grade really. Not the best evga has put out, and definitely not priced low enough to bother considering.

• 61 months ago
  • -1 points

Yeah, I'd say that PSU is pretty good. In the future, you should post this under "Power Supplies."

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

It isn't pretty good, its pretty bad for how much it costs, its tier 3, its on par with the B1 series. The Evga B2 750 watt psu is cheaper and is much better.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I guess so. I've heard good things about both.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I rather not choose the b2. Atleast the updated g1 is 80 plus hold.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

A psu being gold rated doesn't always means its good, the G1 series are a perfect example of this. If you want something gold rated go for the G2 series, they are tier 1, the best of the best.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok I'm going to return it and her the g2. 750w. One question I just saw a post and someone was saying they think that the psu is not haswell compatible? What? It is compatible with the 5820k right?

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry bro was in a hurry

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Also if my total take is around 400w is getting a 650w psu leave me with some extra leeway and do I need more wattage.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube