add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is This Power Supply Too Much For My Rig?

TheOriginalMac
  • 61 months ago

I was wondering what power supply would be good for this Pc. If it is too much how much would I Need?

The Pc- http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tFqmvK

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

Not the best unit, but the wattage is decent. If you plan to oc and want to make sure your good, you can go a bit higher, but don't go lower

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point
[comment deleted]
  • 61 months ago
  • 1 point

It's not the caps, they're all Japanese and good. From what I've heard its the implementation of the multi-rail system so that it sometimes can't deliver the full wattage in some configs.

[comment deleted]
  • 61 months ago
  • 1 point

The nerd in me just wants to point out that you actually can have too much power. Its not going to hurt or break anything, its just going to be inefficient.

[comment deleted]
  • 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Mine has a little sticker on the box that says all Japanese caps. Haven't had an issue with it yet, and it's still a decent unit (I can't complain, I got it for only $50, and it was either that or a CX600), but there are better ones around for the price right now. What we really need is a Super-Flower-built 650w unit from EVGA. They'd probably price it very competitively like they have with the G2 units.

[comment deleted]
  • 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Nope, no 650GS yet, only 1050GS and 850GS (at least on EVGA's website). Still, I really hope they make one. Their higher-end units are so well-priced and reliable (the 1000W G2 is cheaper than most good 850w units) that if they were to manage something like that in the sub-700w range for >$100, it would probably be the most popular PSU on the market.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube