add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair H100i vs H100i GTX

58 months ago

The title says it all. I need to know whether to spend a extra $25 dollars on the H100i GTX. What are the differences between these two? Can anyone clarify please?

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 4 points

Apparently 'better cooling' A bunch of crap. It's pretty much the aesthetics . Their coolers aren't even worth it honestly they are so loud.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

If the coolers are so crap. Can you at least recommend a better cooler?

• 58 months ago
  • 3 points

The kraken x61.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

So i am interested on hearing your opinion on it... as i just know started thinking of getting a water CPU cooler. Can you explain whats better in the kraken compared to the h100i?

• 58 months ago
  • 3 points

1)dual 140mm instead of dual 120mm.

2)Adjustable fan speeds.

3)much quieter

4)much better design.

It's overall much better for only a little more.

• 54 months ago
  • 7 points

1) 240 won't fit in many mid towers

2) Corsair Link controls your fan and pump speeds

3) This may be the only valid one though I haven't researched the x61... though I feel "MUCH" may be a bit dramatic

4) Matter of opinion

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Not everyone can fit a 280 rad in their case, and for a CPU, most of the time a 240 will be way more than enough

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

1) not all cases can fit 280. mine can though... Get the H110i GT

2) get a fan controller

3)depends on fans, replace the fans

4)they're radiators, design doesn't impact performance. Unless you mean thickness and tighter fins which you don't even notice.

It's overall the same, for a cheaper price. Unless you're crazy overclocking, it will still do the job. Even with a single 120mm rad.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point
  1. dual 140 instead of 120 is better but doesn't fit everywhere.

2. you CAN control the fan speed with the H100i GTX through Corsair link (not sure about the H100i)

3. I haven't heard the NZXT so I can't really compare, but its pretty god damn quiet especially with the fan speeds low.

4. As for overall design, its more elegant than the NZXT in my opinion, but that's subjective anyway. as for the build quality, its great.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Also some may choose the corsair because of the small fans for the radiators. (240mm compared to the krakens 280) which is why i am going to stick with the h100i.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Bigger fans means better airflow (well it's supposed to and in this case does) and it's quieter.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

You're assuming the OP has room for a 280mm setup. The mentioned coolers are 240mm and that may be their limit.

what say you 24157?

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

what are you talking about them being loud? I have a H100i GTX in my rig and the only noise comes from my fans. I literally can't even hear the pump at all.

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

what are you talking about them being loud? I have a H100i GTX in my rig and the only noise comes from my fans. I literally can't even hear the pump at all.

Well.... it's possible you wouldn't notice. Many reviewers claim up-to 50DbA as the noise level.... and that's loud.

One review over at hexus.net states this

A quick online search reveals that pump noise is proving problematic, and this is irrespective of whether it's run using the quiet or performance profiles available in the Link software. The H100i GTX is too vocal for our own personal liking,

Of course if the noise levels don't bother you and you already own the cooler then I don't see the problem. this discussion was about what should a new builder buy not if he should replace his cooler.

• 54 months ago
  • 0 points

hahaha, its a pity you can't come over to my place to hear it, I literally open my case and put my ear inside it, and the only noise is from my fans pushing air through the case and the radiator :)

As for the reviewers, it might be an issue with the specific one the reviewers got. I have a friend who's AIO cooler was also very loud, he ended up getting a replacement which is as silent as mine.

I agree with you that you should get the highest quality products that fit your budget, but your arguments were that its too loud and crappy etc, and that's simply not the case :) that's what I was trying to point out :)

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

but your arguments were that its too loud and crappy etc, and that's simply not the case

No... my argument was that it's crappy and loud in comparison to the NZXT kraken x61.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

lol, well ok. Since you personally tested both, I can't argue :p

In my opinion, the GTX 100i GTX is a pretty great product, and I would recommend it. But I don't have much experience with other similar products or brands, so my opinion might not count for much. :)

• 48 months ago
  • 0 points

http://www.sengpielaudio.com/TableOfSoundPressureLevels.htm

50dB(A) isn't really all that loud either. Yes, noticeably louder than a quiet bedroom, but 50dB(A) is about average for a home. A vacuum cleaner is louder.

• 58 months ago
  • 3 points

The h100i GTX is ok, not that great. Only cooler that really does improve over it's predecessor is the H110i GT, very nice 280mm cooler.

Get the h100i or the kraken x61. However, I've heard many complaints about NZXT's software for the x61. Corsair link is more reliable.

I had the h100i but didn't use the software and it was great! cooled well and was pretty quiet (though I'd suggest upgrading the fans). However the pump was going bad so I decided to buy the h105 instead of another h100i, and I do kind of regret it but only because it's overkill for my needs.

Back on topic, corsair coolers are great! However the h100i gtx only looks better than it's predecessor. But NZXT also has great coolers, but their software is buggy.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

I was thinking, what about a H80i+2 fans (All exhaust and on top of the H440), how will that perform? Also, how is the Kraken x61? Sorry for all these questions; I've always seen your name on a lot of builds and you seem very knowledgeable. :) Thanks!

• 58 months ago
  • 2 points

Kraken makes good coolers, their Kraken x61 is very nice.

H80i will perform well, but the fans are loud. If you get some of corsair's SP120 quiet edition or even high performance fans, you will have way less noise.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

The h80i is also a jet engine and is on par with mid range air coolers that cost less than $50, 120mm coolers aren't worth it.

• 58 months ago
  • 0 points

I never heard any complaints about nzxt software but I have heard a lot about corsair link.

• 58 months ago
  • 2 points

none of the above. raijintek triton.

[comment deleted]
  • 58 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree, but they can virtually never be found for sale in this country.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

So, if I'm hearing correctly, the Swiftech H220X will provide the MOST COOLING, price aside, than any other AIO liquid cooler, given that it's the largest rad I can fit in my case.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

yes. it's not just the size of the rad, it's the materials (copper vs aluminum) and the pump that make the difference. the pump is several times stronger than the one on all these asetek/coolit based clc coolers. and I've recently learned the raijintek mixes dissimilar metals in the flow path so forget bout that one.

• 58 months ago
  • 2 points

I'll get a Kraken x61 then

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

It's not the better way to spend a extra $25 dollars on the H100i GTX.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I can fit up to a 240mm radiator, any suggestions for a cooler for me?

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

well, I personally have a Corsiar H100i, and I have no complaints. There might be slightly better/less expensive options, but 2 years ago I figured it was safe to go with a really big name and it's worked really well.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube