add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair H100i Fan Wire Question

kingjavo

58 months ago

What's the benefit of connecting your cooler fans or other fans for that matter directly to the heat sink vs. using the tower fan cables? Is this necessary?

Also, do you recommend putting your own thermal paste on the CPU or just using the pre-applied one from Corsair?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 2 points

you can control and monitor the speed of the fans via corsairlink (if it decides to work). it's not necesssary, but it's convienient as motherboards don't tend to have tons of fan headers. you'll want those for your case fans. the thermal paste that comes on the cooler pre applied is some of the best stuff you can even get.

• 58 months ago
  • 2 points

Agreed. Also, using the pump fan connection allows up to 4 fans on 1 cpu header that can be independently controlled. Some boards only have a single cpu fan header, which the pump itself connects to.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks to both of you for the advice! :)

I'm using the CM Storm Trooper case and I think it has a good number of fan ports. Same with the board. The case also has a fan speed control on the front, but I have no clue if or how that works??

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/s8vbD3

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd use that for case fans, but let the h100i handle it's own fans

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube