add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

600w 650w 700w? which should I pick

badnewsbear
  • 61 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/k3JwZL That's my build there. It's estimated at 422w. I was wondering if a 600w power supply would be enough? I plan to over clock in the near future. Just wanted to get some opinions. Kind of on a budget. Thanks :)

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 3 points

a "good" 600 watts psu would be enough, the manufacturer recommends a 750 watts because ppl usually skimp on the psu

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm

I would go with a 650 or 750 watts psu. The EVGA B2 750 watts is a cheap and good tier 2 option.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
Power Supply EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $59.99 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $84.99
Mail-in rebates -$25.00
Total $59.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-27 14:21 EDT-0400
  • 61 months ago
  • 1 point

That psu is popular for a reason. I would grab it also.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

at that price is an excellent deal....

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Forgot to mention, if it matters, I plan to play games and maybe stream on this build.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

That gpu alone can use over 350w and the cpu can do over 100w with an oc. Add in the rest of the build then account for headroom and efficiency and you will want a 750w preferably, but not below 650w.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks to everyone who answered. I will be going with the evga supernova b2. Thanks guys

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube