add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need some help with a PSU choice !!!!

FunkyM1nd
  • 60 months ago

Hi there . As my title saying I really need some home with my PSU choice . This will be my first build and I really don't know much about PSU's . So with an I5 4690K I'm planing to OC ... And maybe I will OC and my GPU , but let's say I will OC my GPU . Can somebody tell me how many watts I need to do all this OC ?? Here are my specs . http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/gWdY7P Thank you !!!

Comments

• 60 months ago
  • 2 points

Very simple check your build watts in the below link

http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

AMD gpus are power hungry and if you overclock on top of that...

I would aim for something in the 650-750w range, prolly 750w if you really wanna turn the screws to the max on both cpu & gpu, tho 650w, or 550w even, would prolly be fine for just cpu oc as intel chip are more power efficient.

All xfx psus are made by seasonic who are one of the premier psu manufacturers

Gold rated saves you money in the long run via a cheaper electricity bill & you get a better quality of power to your components, win-win! :D

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube