add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Are my Cooler Master Seidon 120v Temps to High, if so What Should I do?

skicrazer

58 months ago

Hello, this is my build, http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9tmvcf , and my CPU temps are very high(easily getting in the 60s), so in AMD Catalyst Control Center I have to slow the processor to 1.7-2.4 Ghz , and then after that my temps are still idling in the mid 40s. My Cooler Master JetFlos are in a push and pull configuration around the radiator. I am using HWMonitorPro and NZXT CAM to monitor the temps. If you have any ideas of why my temps are so high, or suggestions how to lower them any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Oops, sorry about the link, I will fix that asap.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Use HWmonitor to observe motherboard socket temps reported via the SuperIO chip, but do not use it to observe CPU package temps.

Download and install AMD Overdrive and observe thermal margin of the CPU itself. Any positive number is within the supported operating temperature range, with 0 thermal margin being the maximum supported temp for long term operation.

I suspect you're going to have problems on that motherboard running an AIOCLC like the 120V for CPU cooling without some sort of intervention for VRM cooling. The board is designed to use the cooling provided by the stock CPU cooler for the VRMs, a feature you have inadvertently removed by installing the 120V, and likely "stacking" it out in a manner that results in basically dead air over the VRMs.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube