add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How does this work out?

N0VAxForgotten
  • 62 months ago

So when I buy my OS in what form will it come (ex: CD ROM)

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Legal versions are typically DVD disc(s).

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 62 months ago
  • 1 point

In retail, they would give you a DVD Drive with a key code sticker on the enclosure. All you have to do is use that key code. This means that you do not need to use the CD disk that came with the key; you can install windows on your build through a usb disk drive, and activate windows with that key.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

So this is a stupid question but... If I buy it off of the website is that considered "retail"

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah, newegg/amazon are online "Retailers"

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Not necessarily... There's retail AND oem that they sell... Just don't get the one labeled as oem and it should be retail. And that one you posted a link to is oem, not retail.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Check this retail or oem for Windows 7 Retail vs OEM.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube