add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Quiestest 120mm Fan

sgt_lo0py

58 months ago

I'm looking to replace all case/cpu fans currently. I have a front 200mm, rear 140mm and Hyper 212 Evo.

I want to replace them with something very quiet. I'm looking for 3 120mm Air Flow fans and 1 120mm Static Pressure fan.

I'd prefer if it were all black.

My last option would be the Noctuas although they look like ****.

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

You could go for the Noctua Redux series, which is grey instead of poop colored. The NF-S12Bs are quiet and move lots of air:

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/noctua-case-fan-nfs12bredux1200pwm

As for static pressure, the Phanteks PH-120SP fans are very quiet, and would work for the single static pressure fan you want.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

...which is grey instead of poop colored.

Hahaha! Most people just call that brown.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Nah, poop and barf, that's Noctua.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

You do have to wonder why they chose those colours. I'm looking a replacing my case fans and specification wise they look perfect, looks wise they look awful.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I'd love it if they could just do plain black and white or something. If you're looking at replacing your case fans with good looking ones, then Phanteks or BitFenix fans are your best bet.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Fractals R2 Fan.

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/fractal-design-case-fan-fdfanssr2120

They have it with black blades too.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

"My last option would be the Noctuas although they look like ****"

I think they are the ASTON MARTIN of fans.... Its hard to beat them as they have the perfect balance (best noise to performance ratio), for example lets take the

Noctua NF-S12A ULN, airflow=74,3 m³/h, noise= 8,6 dB(A) (funny part this specs are without the low noise adapter LNA)

Bequiet SILENT WINGS 2 120mm, airflow=85,8 m³/h, noise= 15,7 dB(A)

[comment deleted]
  • 58 months ago
  • 1 point

yep the bequiet move a little bit more air but at the expense of noise as they are louder than the noctua. Pretty sure noctua's specs can be trusted (if both specs are wrong then the bequiet are going to be quite noisy), I know some that cant like cooler master (but that's another story)..

[comment deleted]
  • 58 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't want to start a fight over this, so this is my last comment on this matter. By no means Im saying the bequiet is a bad fan. Remember that there are 3 different models of the noctua nf-s12a = ULN, FLX, and PWM. Probbaly the bequiet is quieter than the FLX but not the ULN model, and im talking about the ULN. Here are some tests and as you can see in sound test, the noctua is lower (not significant that one would notice but it is...)

http://www.gamezoom.net/artikel/Noctua_NF_S12A_L_fter_Test_Review-27295-2

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

for the static pressure fans i can't recommend yate loon enough. they're extremely cheap and this model is extremely quiet (i've used it before and its completely inaudible). as for the af fans, i agree with mrluckypants on the be quiet silent wings. i haven't personally used them, but i've only heard good things about them.

[comment deleted]
  • 58 months ago
  • 2 points

this is why I urge new buyers to get the pure rock over the 212 evo.

[comment deleted]
  • 58 months ago
  • 1 point

The Silentwings 2 are AF fans, would it be wise to use them with a Hyper 212 evo heatsink?

[comment deleted]
  • 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Any clue where I can buy them? I tried amazon and they are $45.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube