add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

250$-300$ Monitor!(Suggestions)

TheOriginalMac

50 months ago

I would like the best Gaming Monitor within this price range. I am building a Pc with a GTX 970. I play Games like Minecraft. League, skyrim, and some Battle field (some times) Thanks for the Help!

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor. Hands down.

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

Nah. I've got a GTX 970, and I'm running a 1440p monitor by X-Star (the DP2710LED, PLS "Matte" Pixel Perfect version). Basically, one of the best monitors in terms of ultra-low response time (effective; not in terms of advertised specs).

You can get a QNIX for 220$ (off-grade) here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4JH2CA3490

Or you can get the same monitor I have for 350$ (including shipping) here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-STAR-DP2710LED-QHD-2560x1440-Samsung-PLS-Matte-Panel-Non-Glare-/221563893459?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33963cb6d3

Mine can overclock to 104Hz no problems, although I keep it at 60Hz due to not having AdaptiveSync (and since I watch a lot of YouTube videos).

1440p is very easy and smooth on this monitor with my GTX 970. Keeping settings at high in most games with framerates in 60fps range (sometimes dipping under that) is fairly easy. And even ultra-modded Skyrim with ENB and the S.T.E.P. enhancements (and SMAA injection) is still running at max (and then some, with over 100 mods and a lot of 2K textures) at 60fps locked at all times (and I could probably overclock my monitor to 75Hz, and raise the frame limiter to 75fps in the .ini file).

Minecraft, even modded, will be no problems at 1440p. League, Skyrim, and Battlefield should also not pose any problems.

144Hz is tempting, but don't fall for it. The beauty of an IPS panel is worth it. It makes Skyrim's colors "pop" in a way that I can't really explain in text alone. It's something you'll have to see for yourself in a side-by-side comparison of still images, videos and actual gameplay. Take my word for it (or don't - it's your call).

If you want to check response time in monitors so you can verify that the X-Star is truly worth it, check out this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQQgHYnPiFs

Have at it. And good luck.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Asus VG23AH

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube