add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is the corsair 200r too cheap for this build?

hunter32tz

77 months ago

So guys, I was thinking about getting a fractal r4 with a gd65 gaming, h100i, nzxt hue, etc etc. But the more I think about it, I'm probably just gonna have it under my desk anyways, not looking at it much. So I was considering the corsair 200r and fanning the hell out of it. But my question is, would this case be too "unbalanced/underpowered" for this build?

Here's the proposed build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1i7L8

Also please notice that I would also be adding a fan controller to this build (in custom parts)

Comments

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

No, the corsair 200R would work fine for any build. You don't HAVE to spend $150 on your case just because you have a $1700 build. Sometimes people with a higher budget like that allocate more money to the case just to get some features they may like. See if there are any features in this list that you feel you would like to have: http://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/8089-case-feature-per-price-point

If you don't really care, then the 200R is perfect. There won't be any sharp edges, everything will fit and there will be just enough room behind the motherboard to hide all the wiring. It has front panel USB 3.0 and bottom mounted power supply. Dust filters are in short supply, but nothing else in that price segment has them either.

The R4 is a really good case too.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I'm trying not to sound like a noob because I've been researching this for the past six months. I just wanted to know other opinions because I really don't care how it looks as long as it has good cable management etc. I just felt like all the reviews on it called it a "entry budget case" because I definitely know the 4670k and 770 aren't entry level.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah, yeah, it is definately considered entry-level because of the short list of features. And budget because it is < $75. It has won a ton of awards though, it is a really solid case. I would never consider someone a Noob, there is way too much to know out there, and I don't care if you do this **** for a living, nobody knows it all! Thats why sites like this are so important. We can all get together, share our information, argue back and forth about "which is better" (in any situation), and let the person spending the money look at both sides and find the solution they think will work best for them. I love building computers, but I remember how daunting it was the first time I went to buy the components. "What if I mess up?" "There is no way I can afford to replace the components if I brick them". Several people helped me along the way, so I try to pay it forward a little. Besides, the more people are excited about the custom market, the less likely it is to die. :)

Happy building!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube