add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Why do I need to pay for return shipping to Seasonic?

Exploosh
  • 60 months ago

I ordered a Seasonic 620w PSU back in January and it did not work. I'm new to PC building so I didn't realize that it didn't work until I received a new case (mine had broken wires and stuff in it). So I did the RMA and everything and then found out it costs between $20-$30 to return the item, and the PSU itself was only around $45. So my question is, why do I have to pay all of this extra money for a defective product and when I get the new one, it might not even work?

I just think this is horrible customer service. Their product is defective and they're basically scamming me out of more and more money. I went with Seasonic because I heard good things, but in terms of customer service, I guess they're just bad. I've emailed them twice and only received one response that did not help at all.

Comments

• 60 months ago
  • 2 points

almost every company makes you pay to ship their broken junk to them.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Really? I must have gotten lucky then.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

What company? I want to buy from them next time. Shipping to the U.S is going to be expensive to return this GPU.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Fractal design but I live in the us.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Aww damn, I was going to buy a Fractal Design PSU originally but found the 620w fully modular Seasonic psu for sale for $45.

I didn't know that these computer part companies made people pay the return shipping. I should have done some more research before actually buying stuff. I returned my Rosewill case for free with no problems. I've also returned dozens of things on Amazon and not once have I had to pay return shipping. I was just curious as to why they put this policy in play.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Is this through the vendor or seasonic?

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Why do I need to pay for return shipping to Seasonic?

As already pointed out, practice is almost universal for all the companies.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

I also bought the same PSU at the same price back in January lol (Amazon). I am building with it this week. I hope it works!!

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube