add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

is 600w enough? (r9 280x in build)

boobeebah13
  • 60 months ago

is a 600w psu enough for my build? here's my part list

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3Lgvcf

P.S. i already have the parts and i've been having problems with flashes and line patterns when gaming and watching videos, and if the psu is inadequate, what amount of wattage would I need for the computer to be fully functional?

Comments

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

I double checked and your PSU should be adequate but I'm not quite sure what could be causing those issues. Corsair is a good brand but the CX series is not their best work.

Has the system shutdown on you? Do you notice strange noises from the PSU? Have you checked your graphics driver?

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

my driver is fully updated and no, there is no strange noises or anything wrong. could it be a defective gpu?

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes it could be a defective card.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Possibly. I had a similar issue with a GTX 650 on Battlefield 3 a couple years ago. It looked like textures were missing and then the system would crash. After I talked to EVGA it turned out to be an Nvidia driver issue. You might want to contact your manufacturer's support and ask them about it. You my ght get lucky and get a new GPU.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

ok i'll try that, i hope to post my computer build on this site soon! but would i talk with gigabyte or amd?

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

GIGABYTE. AMD only provides the chip and technical specs. GIGABYTE designs/manufactures around it.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

You would contact Gigabyte support. AMD makes the chip and sells them to partners like ASUS, Gigabyte, XFX, MSI, and Sapphire. These partners manufacture and support the cards themselves. Drivers are kinda a gray area but always contact the manufacturer first. Good luck and I hope you get everything straightened out!

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah i actually ended up getting a gtx 960 from evga. better choice for shadowplay.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube