add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Recommend me a case? (£100 and under)

ChrisMaunders

56 months ago

Hi, I am looking for a case for my gaming build and I would like it to have very good airflow.

I was originally going to get a small case like the bitfenix prodigy but soon realized that if I put two graphics cards (i was going to crossfire them) into it then it will get too hot and have little airflow.

So i'm thinking a mid tower case should be the right size to fit all of my components and provide sufficient amounts of airflow.

I have been looking at all different cases for ages now though and whenever I see one I look up review videos of it and they say it's good but then when I get to the end of the video they say the only downside is airflow and i'm like =O

Here are the components I would put into it:

CD Drive Hard Drive SSD Drive Motherboard Sound Card Wired Internet Card 2x Graphics Cards Power Supply As many fans as the case will fit A fan controller if the case doesn't have a built in one. And all the other little bits (CPU, RAM, etc.)

Thanks!

P.S. Would prefer the case to have more than enough bays so that there is room to add another hard drive if it was needed in the future.

Comments

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/nzxt-case-caph410w1

Cant go wrong with this. I have the black version. More than big enough just check what length the GFX card is as its limited to 305mm. Although my GFX card is 310mm, the case has a nice removable drivebay in the centre for the addition of longer cards. Good space for cable management too leaving good airflow. The case is a good size but doesn't feel too bulky.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

funny you should recommend that case, it just so happens I have picked the same one for my build in the end! Only difference is that I chose the 530 rather than the 430 because the graphics card is very big and I don't want to sacrifice any bays. Would rather go big so that in the future when I upgrade I won't have to change cases.

Thanks!

P.S. I'm going with white version, looks so nice! =)

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

You sir have great taste ;). I wish I had a bigger budget during my build to go for the higher model because in my opinion the Phanton series are just so damn SEXY! You won't be dissapointed they are a very solid choice.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah definitely! It's pretty big too, 57cm in height, 52 forward and 23 wide. I was measuring it up where it would go and I was like 'damn thats a big case!' Compared to my small compact basic pc it will be like four times the size!

But it all fits in fine and it's prob better to get a bigger one to make more space for future upgrades. Plus the graphics card is nearly 20cm long!

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Mines 31cm!!! Couldn't believe it. Only just got in in the case by taking out a few drive bays put I don't use an optical relic and the SSD is hidden in the back so I only need 1 for my secondary HDD

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

under £100 you can find the Enthoo pro and Define R5. really good options.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for recommendation. In the end for my build I chose the NZXT Phantom 530, it has some really good reviews and I checked out some vids on it and it's exactly what I need. On top of that it looks really nice!

Thanks!

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

very nice. I was gonna list that one too but some people don't like the look of phantom cases.

• 56 months ago
  • 0 points

I'd say the Thermaltake Level 10 Titanium is your best bet. https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/thermaltake-case-vl300a9n1n

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds great. Little over my budget though :-(

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube