add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is 500w enough for my build?

Comments

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you brought any of this? If not I would redo quite a few things because you have a lot of sub par parts in that build.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

like?

• 60 months ago
  • 2 points

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/ZbYhJx The ssd, its one of the slowest ones out there and the cpu isn't good, 120mm liquod coolers aren't worth it overall, they are out performed by air coolers, even most 240mm coolers are out performed by air coolers. The psu is just crap, it doesn't even belong in a $500 build, its barerly tier 3.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

RAM, SSD, PSU, pointless extra fans.

RAM should be at least 1600Mhz, CAS 9 or less with a voltage of 1.5 or less.

SSD has some issues, not good for price.

PSU could be better, especially for price.

Extra fans are extremely pointless, as the case comes with 4 fans and your motherboard can only support 3 (Or 4 if you use one of the CPU fan headers) so adding any more would make them go to waste, unless you buy Y-Splitters or attach them to the PSU and have them run at full speed.

Also the CPU cooler isn't the best, could probably just go for the 212 EVO, but if you want water cooling then that's your part.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

the fans are the ones that came with the case, and im using the ram from my old computer for now for budget reasons. can you recommend a psu, i was told the corsairs were good.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Whoever told you Corsair was a good PSU brand was lying, or at least didn't know any better. The link that I posted about PSUs shows the quality of the majority of their products to be medicore at best, and you should always aim for something good or great. Tier 1 or 2.

Specifically, EVGA PSUs are good, at least the B2 and G2 750/850W and up ones. XFX and Seasonic also only sell good or great power supplies, so anything from them is good. Antec sells a lot of good and mediocre ones, so depending on prices they may be an option.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Corsair does not actually manufacture any power supplies. Other companies, OEM, actually manufacture them and Corsair has contracts with several of them depending on model. If preference is Corsair, their current AX models are manufactured by Seasonic and generally has a good reputation.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

The CS series is also decent, with solid reviews from jonnyguru, and the HX series is not bad either. It's the RM and CX units that should be steered clear of.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Corsair psus aren't good, only about 4 of there units are good, the ax, hxi, hx, and any rm under 750 watts but all there psus are overpriced. Evga psu's are priced very good usually.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Corsair makes great units, just not the rm and below. They do the high end well, but people buy all thier budget crap instead. They have some of the best and some of the worst all under one brand lol

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube