add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair H80i

Dtd6000

57 months ago

Does anyone use the corsair H80i for cpu cooling? If so do you recommend it?

Comments

• 57 months ago
  • 2 points

Its not a good cooler, its on par with $50 air coolers and it is loud. You want to avoid 120M/140MM liquid coolers because you are getting sub par performance for the price.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok thanks. What cooler would you recommend for an amd athlon x4 860k?

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

What case do you have? If your case can fit it I would recommend the Phanteks PH-TC14PE, its on par with high end 240MM coolers but it costs less than a H80i and if that doesn't fit I would recommend a Phanteks PH-TC12DX, its on par cooling wise with the H80i, its much cheaper and quieter. If you aren't overclocking I would recommend a evo 212 or one of Coolmaster's low end coolers, they will be better than the stock cooler.

http://www.relaxedtech.com/reviews/noctua/nh-d15/8

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Deepcool tesseract, which cant fit a 240mm. I would prefer a liquid cpu cooler over an air cooler.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Imo its pointless to get a high end liquid cooler for a budget cpu, you could get a i5 with the money if you haven't already brought the 860K, I personally can't recommend getting a 240M cooler that is decent for a cpu like that, your cpu cooler would cost more than your cpu which imo isn't right.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

I already built the pc with a stock cooler. The temps im getting arent awful, but theyre pretty high. If I got a cooler master evo would that be good? its like 30 bucks.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Agreed. There are a few 140mm ones that are decent, like the NZXT X41 (it cools better than the H100i) and the swiftech H140-X. But other than that, what you said is true.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

It will eliminate much heat so better to change the cooler.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not happy with it either, thinking of switching to a Noctua or Be Quiet...It is very noisy and the software sucks.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube