add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PSU Fan Facing Up or Down?

SnazzyO
  • 60 months ago

I'm not quite sure whether the PSU fan is suppose to face down or face up towards the parts. Also, is the fan taking air in or blowing air out? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Unless you are putting the PC on a carpet or other area that may restrict airflow, the fan should face down.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

My PC will be on a hard surface so I'll make sure to have the fan face down. Thank you!

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

It'd be best if the intake port on the bottom of the case (If there isn't an intake area on the bottom then it has to be up) had a mesh screen dust filter if it's going directly on the floor and not on a table or something off the dirty ground.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

The bottom of my case does have a mesh screen dust filter so that's all good.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

It can be decide depend on case and motherboard.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube