add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NZXT Noctis launches

PureBlackFire

56 months ago

http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/154-n450-noctis-gaming-mid-tower.html

here it is. the hype was over an H440 with Phantom style exteriror. yawn. at least the fan hub is now PWM. do not like the price though. $140 you can get the much roomier Phantom 630.

Comments

• 56 months ago
  • 4 points

Man that window is ugly!! The H440 looks WAYYY better. I really don't see a purpose for this case. The H440 is already a fairly solid quiet case (not quite as good as a the Define R5, but still decent), and they already have the phantom line to please the people who like tacky-looking "gamer" cases. There is no need to mix the categories. Right now NZXT needs to be working on defending its large market share, as Phanteks, Fractal, and Corsair now all have cases that compete with everything NZXT has. A year ago NZXT was one of the best bang-for-your-buck case companies out there, with cases like the Source 530 and 210, and the lower end Phantom lineup, along with the H440, which was arguably just as good as the Define R4. Now, the Source 530 is a bad value compared to the Enthoo Pro, the H440 is looking less and less attractive next to the Define R5, and the lower end Source and Phantom lines are being pushed out of the market by cases like the Corsair SPEC and 230T.

NZXT is a good company, but right now the only case that they have that really is the best bargain in its price range is the S340. I'd like to see them putting out some new, more competitive cases.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

agree for the most part. from 2011-2014 they had it. they were innovating more and setting the pace. now this is redundant. and the price is stupid. they just need a mATX and itx case to compete with everyone else. I can't for the life of me understand why they haven't updated the source 210 (unless you count the H230 which is the same frame) with modular hard drive cages as it's the roomiest and most solidly built case below $60. it just needs an update. I do think the P240 is abetter case than corsair's budget cases. they have no space for top mounted rads while the p240 does. the 230T is just an awful value imo. a riced up 200R that sells for $80. but back to NZXT, they are losing track of things. I don't know that I'd buy this over the P530 because at the end of the day this is still a narrrow mid tower and the P530 has more room. I like the LEDs on this, but still.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

would have been nice to see a mini itx case from NZXT.....

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

indeed. this is redundant. we have the H440, we have so many Phantom cases in this price range. they don't have any mATX or sff cases out.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm excited!!!! I don't care what you guys say. A cool new design from NZXT is awesome! Even if the chassis is the h440 it's still awesome... I have one problem. The price, It's most likely gonna be over 230$ in Australia so unless they change it I'm not getting it.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

you guys get it so bad over there. and I definitely agree it should be the same price as the H440.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

I know it's bull. I tried to newegg ship a case not realising the shipping was 200$!!

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

ouch! reminds me how bad local shipping is in Canada. I had a guy buy the HAF 912 a couple years back. the case was $65CAD and shipping to his house was $62CAD.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Holy hell. He must have been shocked.

[comment deleted]
  • 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I wrote that 11 days ago... Before knowing the price of the case.

[comment deleted]
  • 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Case is looking good it will be coming under mini itx cases.

[comment deleted]
  • 55 months ago
  • 1 point

pulse width moilation. it enables you to control the fan's speed witha control signal from your motherboard.

[comment deleted]
  • 55 months ago
  • 1 point

yep :)

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube