add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PSU Recommendations

DeathPro
  • 59 months ago

I have a gaming build that will use ~490w, so I want a PSU that is 600-750w (In case I add anything, and just to be safe) It needs to be fully-modular, preferrably with black cables. I was looking at the Corsair RM, HX, HXI, and AX series, are they good?

If you guys have recommendations that would be great.

EDIT: I have decided on a EVGA 750 G2

Comments

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

unless you don't mind spending $160 (AX 760), don't look at a 750 watt from corsair as anything under is below the quality they used to make. also they have no well priced 600-650 watt modular units. for 750 watts the XFX XTR 750 or EVGA 750 G2 will do and for 650 the XFX XTR 650, EVGA GS 650 or Antec Edge 650 will do.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

I would recommend the Evga G2, The AX and the HXi series are are great but they are overpriced and you can get a psu that is just as good for cheaper.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, so should I get the 750w Evga G2 for $109.99 or the Corsair HX 650w for $99.99?

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Definitely the G2, the HX is tier 2.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

The HX is Tier 1...You're not using the old tier list, are you? Or is the Superflower design also the Corsair one?

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

I just realized its the old list :/ I feel like I should make a updated list and fix all of the errors.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

A list here on the site would be nice, but I imagine it's a lot of effort to compile. You may be right though, because SuperFlower makes an HX PSU (Although it's their own brand, I don't know if they'd just sell it to Corsair for rebranding) which is Tier 2.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

So now which one should I get?

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Rm is hit and miss, the others are great. An evga g2 is an excellent alternative

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

EVGA 750 G2 is decent PSU.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube