add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Silent Hills CANCELLED!

Banshebot

57 months ago

Anybody that was looking forward to the new silent hills game can bury their hopes and dreams in this shallow grave I've dug myself. Kojima's name has been removed from everything relating to Konami. The P.T. Demo is scheduled for removal from the PS4 market on the 29th. A press release went out officially cancelling Silent Hills. What this has in store for Metal Gear Solid: Phantom Pain is still unknown.

I really hope Kojima owns the rights to the engine they created for the Silent Hills game and makes his own franchise off the idea of Silent Hills. Konami don't seem to want to publish anything apart from mobile games anymore...

Comments

• 57 months ago
  • 2 points

WAHT!!?

• 57 months ago
  • 2 points

This topic has been moved from "General > General Discussion" to "Software > Games / Gaming".

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah Koj/Kon seem to have had a major falling out over something recently.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

It's cut me real deep. Hopefully something good will come from this because I'm sure Kojima would never stop making games.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

The story I'm reading on some gaming sites now is that Konami are getting ready to exit the console game business, I would imagine Kojima will get snapped up/start another dev company but presumably anything mgs/hills related will remain with konami, tho the possibility of them selling whatever gaming ip was also mentioned. Jimquisition has an interesting vid about it, he seems to blame several years of corporate mismanagement & Konami ceo arrogance/ego.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah konami only want to make cheesy micro transaction mobile games. I remember when I was a kid they were GIANTS in the gaming industry. It's quite sad. Link the vid please I'd like to watch it.

• 57 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah... I guess it shows any company can be brought down by hubris, here's the vid - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynl4sIFazmM

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

I hate it when good things are cancelled...

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

even though this post was 14 months ago, I'm still upset.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

"Hit the lever!"

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube