add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What games are you playing at the minute?

Banshebot

57 months ago

After getting my rig I've started playing a lot of smite, killing floor 2, reign of kings and skyrim. Looking for some decent games that I wouldn't normally choose.

Comments

• 57 months ago
  • 6 points

cs:go always cs:go

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

I forgot to list this! I got it for £4 on G2A not long ago. Real big fan of the community servers haven't played any ranked yet though.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

If you haven't already, check out surfing. It is my escape from matchmaking.

https://www.horizonservers.net/

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

The surf maps are hilarious! I'm still getting the hang of them but there are some really insane maps people have made. The CS:GO community is pretty awesome. I should play it more to be honest.

• 57 months ago
  • 2 points

tf2

I need moar hats

• 57 months ago
  • 2 points
  1. Planetside 2
  2. Civilization V
  3. Running With Rifles
  4. Survarium
  5. Dungeons of Dredmor
  6. Ziggurat
  7. Boss Constructor (I wrote the storyline for this game lol, so shameless self-promotion!)
  • 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Civ V is awesome!

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Planetside 2 is awesome! Just got into it a few days ago. Rank 9, finally and to play Max graphics with 60 FPS instead of 5-15 on low lol

• 57 months ago
  • 2 points

YES! have you done the right thing and joined the New Conglomerate?

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Ehhh, yes and no :P I have a character on all 3 factions, I don't play my TR character, I play my NC pretty often but I'm usually on VS

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Nooooo! :P I'll play VS with you on Emerald if you want to stream together. Haven't used it in ages, but I'd love to try a slug shotty without bullet drop!

EDIT: Apparently VS shotties have bullet drop now. I am very sad for your faction.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

try some survival zombie games theyre really addicting i reccomend DayZ it's my favorite game atm probably always will be it got me into pc gaming and the goal is to survive for as long as possible from other people and strive it is fairly challenging but it's fun. I also reccomend unturned same concept but it's totally different in its own way.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

I've played DayZ Arma mod and I own the standalone but I played it for so long it just became boring and the updates were so slow. It's great to start with but I slowly realized how empty the world was and there just wasn't enough to do to keep me playing. I do love a good zombie game though I just can't find one that gets me hooked!

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Like I mentioned unturned is the same idea but it's so much different and it's great, the Map is smaller so you meet a lot more people and you can make custom maps and mods so it's a blockier more advanced dayz.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

I've seen that on steam. It's free isn't it? I'll probably give it a go after work :)

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah it's a free game made by a single 16 year old, he does pump out updates faster than anyone I've ever seen he's faster than an entire team of people! So expect to update it at least once or twice a week.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow that's really impressive! I will definitely be giving it a go tonight. Does it offer in game mic support? I love being able to chat to a random I'm just passing by or when I'm chasing someone dishing out some abuse.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

ARMA, Fallout 3 & NV(LIke Skyrim with Guns), Mass Effect.

Indie Games like FTL, Binding of Isaac are also some of my favourites.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Love Fallout 3 and I've been waiting for Fallout 4 to be announced since before I was born! I have ARMA but I really suck at it having only bought it to download DayZ a long time ago. Did play a few games the other day out of boredom and got my *** kicked. Fun though :).

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Try Wasteland or Takistan Life (If you like Roleplaying). Wasteland is probably my favourite mode on it just out of being able to freely roam with no specific target.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

I think I've seen wasteland on Youtube. It looked really good but I think reviews made me wait for future updates due to what you say there being no target.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Pillars of Eternity!

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

I was thinking about buying this! Is it anything like Diablo?

• 57 months ago
  • 2 points

its exactly like diablo 2

• 57 months ago
  • 2 points

I don't find it that much like diablo 2. The battle style of the game is much more different.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Sold...

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

it still doesn't come close to diablo 3 though. that game has the best replay value of any game i have played. but i might be biased because my first game i obsessed with was the original diablo.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm a huge fan of the Diablo series, Diablo 2 being my favourite. The replay-ability with the simple random stat items and crafting along side an epic story with awesome characters have kept me coming back for years. I'll still log into my Diablo 2 account just so the characters don't expire! To be honest Diablo has raised the bar for games like this for me and ruined them because they just don't measure up. Sacred 2 being a huge example.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Having just built a shiny new rig, I've been loading it up with old games and a pile of stuff I picked on GOG.com on sale, so I'm kind of in the middle of a half dozen at the moment.

Games in Progress

• Deus Ex: I played it when it originally came out, but never finished it because it was just so easy to spend three hours completely focused on creeping around one level, only to get killed by some ******** and realize I hadn't saved at any point in the intervening time. So I've started it again. And already I don't like how I'm getting through the first mission, so I may start it yet again.
  • Magrunner: A freebie on GOG, which held my interest until we got to the ******** platform-hopping-in-space-while-being-chased-by-unspeakable-horrors levels. I'll have to actually finish it at some point.
  • Far Cry: Until I get some kind of sniper rifle, this game is just going to be annoying, because all the enemies have clairvoyance, and the weapons have magic accuracy that can hit you from two continents away but mysteriously stops working whenever I try and use them. Damned pretty envronments, though...
  • Crimsonland: If you know the arcade games Robotron 2084 or Smash TV, then you know this. A pretty good quick-fix type of game that's easy to jump in, play for ten minutes, and jump back out again.
  • Fract.OSC: Despite having essentially no textures, this game chugged very badly on my old rig to the point of crashing. The new rig runs it quite well, and now I'm at the final level, which feels a bit like trying to pick a combination lock from the inside. Good soundtrack as well.
  • Shadow Warrior 2013: Ahhh... Mass carnage with a wisecracking walking Cuisinart. World-famous sword-for-hire Lo Wang dispatches wave after wave of demon hordes with naught but his trusty katana. And a pistol. And a crossbow. And a sub-machine gun. You will not be getting your cleaning deposit back. (The map and visual design -- before you soak them in blood, at least -- are actually amazingly pretty.)
  • Kerbal Space Program: I'm not even out of the tutorials yet, and already I've wrecked about a dozen ships. "Warp to apophasis, then turn your ship prograde and ignite the engines." Uh, by the time I've reached apophasis, prograde has started to fall below the horizon. Shouldn't I ignite the engines just a bit before apophasis, so that my nose is at least heading in the right direction?

Finished Games

• Lifeless Planet: Mneh. It was clearly trying to tell a Big Touching Story, and forgot that you need more game play mechanics than just third-person platform jumping. It also has a couple of bullsh*t oh-dear-you're-running-out-of-oxygen-better-find-a-supply moment, but the game is absent-minded about it, and eventually forgets about it altogether. Could have been much better.
  • The Vanishing of Ethan Carter: A very short game, but a gorgeous one. You have to be very observant, and have an excellent sense of space to solve a couple of the puzzles, but the artwork is just amazing.
  • Syberia, Syberia 2: I actually finished both of these relatively recently. As is too often the case, some of the puzzles are gratuitously obtuse, but overall it tells an interesting story which, weirdly, ends without a denouement, leaving me asking, "Now what?"
  • 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Some updates:

In Progress

• The Witcher (the original): I had started on The Witcher long ago, but dropped it for reasons I don't recall. With the release of Witcher 3, I decided to start the game again with the idea that Witcher 1 had various fragments of lore that Witcher 3 expects you to know. I'm up to Chapter 3, and I'm beginning to see why Yahtzee described it as boring.
  • Black Mirror II: Started pretty much immediately after finishing the first Black Mirror. I'm at Chapter 3, and I'm starting to find it annoying, as it seems to enjoy throwing little bureaucracy-esque passive-aggressive puzzles at you. "Get a delivery slip to get past the guard." <annoy twenty people to get delivery slip> "Okay, now where's your pass?" Nickel and dime stuff like that. I will be very annoyed if the game ends the same way as the first one.
  • Quake 3 Arena: "Uh, what?" I dug it out of my previous machine's games, and I'm still convinced that every server out there is configured specifically to make me the source of everyone else's frag counts. The only FPS I was ever even remotely good at was QuakeWorld (until those servers started hating me as well), and nobody runs that game anymore. Dunno why I do this to myself; I should just erase the thing...

Finished Games

• Black Mirror: Ah, the good old Unreliable Narrator dodge. I suppose Gothic horror is never supposed to have a happy ending, but geez, guys...

On Hold

• Deus Ex: Mothballed again, and I'll probably start it from scratch again.
  • Shadow Warrior 2013: It got hard because of ******** moves such as: You've just cleared a map full of strong baddies. Now with no foreshadowing at all we're going to teleport in a completely new wave of stronger baddies; hope you didn't spend all the ammo on the map.
  • Kerbal Space Program: There's some serious buggage in joystick support, which I'd like to have so I can fly the #%@!! capsules properly. So I've set it aside for the moment.
  • Far Cry: Meh...
  • Fract.OSC: Meh...
  • Magrunner: There's this Unspeakable horror that chases you through the map which can run faster than your slow-*** mommy's-boy knob-head protagonist, and your path is obstructed by gratuitous slow-you-down-even-more piles of magneto cubes, giving the Deep One more than enough time to catch up and start snacking on you.
  • 56 months ago
  • 1 point

OMG, how could I forget:

Also Finished

• Lumino City: I bought this game on a half-off sale and... Oh my $(GOD), it's beautiful! The word that keeps coming to me to describe it is, "Gentle." An absolutely amazing amount of work went in to this to create a point-and-click adventure that is both stunning and challenging, but also extremely simple, unassuming, patient, and gentle. Just watch the teaser video...
  • 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Battlefield 4 is where most of my gaming hours go, but I also enjoy playing Left 4 Dead 2, Minecraft, and anything that has "Need for Speed" in the title.

On the single player side, I've been playing through Torchlight (after having so much fun with TL2), Escape Goat 2, and (just started) Defense Grid 2. I also play a lot of the Lego games in coop mode with my son -- we're currently working on hitting 100% with Lego Batman 3.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

GTA 5 is a great game at the moment and well worth the investment if you like that sort of thing. A personal favourite which i've sunk way too much of my life into is Europa Universalis 4, which is a grand strategy game involving nearly every country in the world with a focus on management and warfare.

http://www.europauniversalis4.com/

Whatever you decide feel free to add me on Steam - seikoshadow

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll be getting GTA V when more mods come out and the price goes down a couple of £££. Always been interested in trying Europa but never actually committed to buying it. I'll be adding everyone from PcPP that have put their name on my other post tonight :)

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 57 months ago
  • 1 point

chivalry: medieval warfare is my favorite multiplayer game and dark souls 2 is my favorite single player game. the latter also has support from enb if you're into modding.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Love chivalry haha. Not played Dark Souls 2 but I've watched a friend play it and provided moral support. I died way too much in the first one lol

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

I do like chivalry, though, I can only play it for about an hour at a time before it gets boring.

Although, my first time playing chivalry consisted of laughing, tears, and altogether brutal spartan-like battles.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

GTA V. Left4Dead2. COD MW2 (co op mode)...recently really enjoyed sleeping dogs too...also dead space..ok enuff ; )

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Arma 3.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

I am absolutely loving 'Middle Earth: Shadow Of Mordor' at the moment :)

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Right now I'm grinding in BF Hardline (finally got the gold skin for my SA-58), and also re-playing FC3. I also occaisionally play AC4, but I lost my main save a while ago, and I don't have the motivation to work my way back to where I was before, so I just sail around shooting stuff. Other than that, if I just want to play a game for a half hour or so, I'll occaisonally play Star Wars: Empire at War, with the Republic at War mod, which basically is a whole new game.

[comment deleted]
  • 57 months ago
  • 1 point

I really want GTA V on PC but just waiting for more mods

[comment deleted]
  • 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Really??? If thats the case I'll probably just stay on the xbox one version. I've already bought the game twice -_-

[comment deleted]
  • 57 months ago
  • 1 point

I like it when companies crack down on people using mods in multiplayer, but I never mind single player mods :)

[comment deleted]
  • 57 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll ask you as well! ''I was thinking about buying this! Is it anything like Diablo?''

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

I've looked at it many times but the price tag makes me a bit cautious. The main thing I'm looking for in a game like this is replay-ability. Is it a basic story that can only be played through once? Does the loot have random stats? Is there pvp/multiplayer?

I really want to buy this game but those are deal breakers for me.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm going to have to watch some youtube playthroughs tonight I think! A lot of people recommending this game. The last part about the main character dying how does that work? Do you control a team of heroes or is it like playing on hardcore where you have to restart the game after you die?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube