add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair Air???

Minimc199

56 months ago

is the Corsair Air 540 good?

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-case-air540

the reviews seem good

Comments

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

It's a fairly solid case. As the name suggests, the airflow is great, and it's easy to make a good looking build in. It's a little pricey, of course, but it's worth the money if you use it properly.

• 56 months ago
  • 0 points

it gets great reviews and seems roomy and big for an ATX case but i cant help but feel some of that space is wasted with the box shape.

idk if its worth that much honestly. it has a lot of plastic on it and i've seen nice aluminum ATX cases for similar or cheaper prices. its almost like the selling point is the shape and that big window which seems a bit gimmicky to me.

what do you value the most in a case? i really appreciate an all aluminum simplistic look and i know you could get a Phantek case for a bit cheaper but that is also a full tower ATX.

here is the phantek enthoo pro at just under $100

here is a build skemble did in it claiming its the best case hes built in

my super biased opinion is that i thought the air looked neat at first but now i just think it looks cheap and a bit tacky and not as attractive as other options at that price. i also have never built in the ATX form and like small builds so am less experienced there. the phantek looks easier to build in then the air though.

edit: faceplate is still plastic but with aluminum look. i guess its hard to find an all aluminum case in that size for under $100. think the $200ish enthoo is all aluminum however.

THIS ONE HAS PRETTY LIGHTS

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube