add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Power supply for build?!

el20
  • 59 months ago

I'm building this rig very soon and after weeks of just looking changing parts I'm still indecisive to what power supply, I plan to overclock ( hence the CPU liquid cooler) but would like a good quality psu which will be suitable for the future also.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/NDsbf7

Any edits/ recommendations to the rig would also be greatly appreciated,

Thanks.

Comments

• 59 months ago
  • 2 points

This PSU. Its top rated. I own it. Its quiet. Has a 10 year warranty. Plenty of sleeved cables. Just all around good.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20750xr

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks I'll have a look is the fully modular design extra beneficial when managing cables over a semi modular supply and would a 750 w be able to cope with an overclocked 4690k with 2x gtx 970's in sli ?

• 59 months ago
  • 2 points

Semi modular, usually just have the mobo and CPU cable attached. The rest are removable. So no real difference in cable management. Yes the 750 I suggested would handle that.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok thanks a lot for the response I appreciate it!

• 59 months ago
  • 2 points

You're more than welcome. Happy building.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

If you want to do 2 970s, then you may want a little more powerful unit.

• 59 months ago
  • 2 points

He can't sli with that mobo. He'd have to change that as well.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

I didn't even look at that, just the psu

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

The build looks great. The PSU will only add to it. Get this ssd instead. Its better. http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/samsung-internal-hard-drive-mz75e120bam

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the link, if it's only £22 more then why not double the capacity, at least I can store more games as well as the os. +1

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Haha, that's fine tbh I'll rather have a higher capacity ssd which is moderately fast than a smaller faster ssd at the moment. however I could probably just add a 840 evo if I wanted to down the line anyways.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Did I say 840 evo sorry I meant 850 my bad haha it just typed the name without checking.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube