add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

[Ask] Mid Tower case

touristtam

55 months ago

Hi

I am looking at getting a new case to replace my aging LanCool K60. I have been looking around for a good while and I still can't find one that fits my requirements:

• PSU at the bottom with filters
  • 2 fans at the front (120/140 mm) with filters
  • 2-3 fans at the top (120/140 mm)
  • 1 fan at the back ( min 120 mm)
  • IO port at the top & 4 USB ports with at least 2 USB 3.0
  • space for 5-6 3.5" drives
  • bland look (a box is a box): like the lian li
  • No window
  • need to accomodate a 170mm CPU heatsink.
  • Motherboard tray (optional)
  • coasters/feets (optional)
  • tooless for both the GPU and the drives (optional)
  • dimmed out LED activity and power OR red LED (I hate the blue) (optional)
  • fan controller for min 5-6 fans (optional)
  • velcro attached to the case frame for cable management (optional)

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I am not aware of a single case that can fit a 250mm heatsink. I'm not even aware of any heatsinks that tall (nearly a foot, if you do the math). Other than that, the Phanteks Enthoo Pro non-window version has everything you need.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, misread the spec sheet. updated the post. :)

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

The Fractal Design R5. Do you mean a cpu cooler than 250MM tall, I never heard of a heatsink that is that tall.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

hahaha ye misread the spec sheet. That's 170 mm. :p

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube