add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Question about the Fractal Design Define R5

kieranvyas

56 months ago

I am a newbie and just purchased the Define R5. I noticed that at the back there is a grill below the fan and above the PSU. I'm just wondering what the purpose of this is? Shouldn't it be covered otherwise it will allow dust into the case?

Here is a photo, the grill I'm talking about is middle right. Click here for example pic

Comments

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Nope, most cases have this. As long as the air pressure is positive, no dust will come in.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

oh ok! Thanks!

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

In most scenarios you are sucking air through the lower front of your case and blowing out through the upper backside. Very very little dust would make it's way in there, especially because most of the time it's facing a wall or enclosure.

And FYI, I have this case too - it's awesome :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube