add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What type of case have I got?

ChrisMaunders

56 months ago

Hi, long story short, trying to find out if it's possible to upgrade a general PC I have which was bought around 3-4 years ago ish and is starting to get slow.

I'm looking at different places telling me the measurements of different size pc cases but I can't find one that matches the sizes of my pc case. It's measurements are: 10.5"/ 265mm h, 14.5"/ 370mm d, 4"/ 100mm w.

Also, based on what size this case is, what type of motherboard do you think i've got?

I was thinking of changing the case for the Pc if I upgrade it but would whatever size this motherboard is fit into another one ok?

Thanks

Comments

[comment deleted]
  • 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey thanks for answering, was discussing the pc in another thread. Turns out it doesn't really matter what the case is since i'd have to change it anyway due to the fact that it has a special specific psu for that case which is only 220w.

[comment deleted]
  • 56 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't think it's wielded to the case, it's just more of the fact that the psu/psu space is a very strange shape, kinda like one of those old original xbox hard drive things.

I've created a build thread for possible builds if I was to upgrade the system. This is the link to the thread, if you've got any ideas please feel free to reply!

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/84102-general-pc-build

Cheers!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube