add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can my psu handle a 2 960's in SLI?

wildwillyd
  • 59 months ago

I have an EVGA b2 750 watt psu and i wanted to know if it could handle a 960 2-way sli. These cards will be overclocked if that makes a difference.

Comments

• 59 months ago
  • 3 points

Yes it would. I have to ask, why would you want to? You can get better cards for the price, and the 2GB of VRAM is going to be a serious bottleneck for that sort of GPU horsepower.

• 59 months ago
  • 0 points

i was planing on getting the 4gb version from Gigabyte

• 59 months ago
  • 3 points

4GB is wasted on this card. whatever 960 you get just make sure it doesn't cost more than $200 USD.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Why is 4gb a waste?

• 59 months ago
  • 3 points

the card doesn't have the bandwidth to saturate the frame buffer. outside of few situations like moded skyrim this card won't fill the 4GB and will run out of gpu power long before it does. any game that needs more than 2GB will need a stronger gpu to get good performance at whatever visual setting requires that much vram.

• 59 months ago
  • 3 points

The GTX 960 really just isn't a good card for the money. I'd just go for a pair of R9 280Xs or 290s.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

it could hadle 4 960's if they suppoted 4 way SLI.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Or not

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube