add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
jamram
  • 61 months ago

so I'm wanting to wipe my computer and i dont have the cd for it so will the product key sticker still activate?

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

If correct/matching Windows version is used for installation process, yes.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

ok good to know i didn't need it tho because the virus wasnt a hard one to get rid of .

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

If you're talking about a fresh install of Windows, you'll need the ISO which means the discs you no longer have will be necessary, or a USB flash drive with the ISO on it. I don't know how to get a hold of the ISO any more, but you may be able to ask Microsoft support. They're usually pretty helpful.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah, how DOES one get a legal ISO these days? Seems odd that they're making it harder than ever before...

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Pretty sure they just wanted to make it as difficult as possible in order to sell more copies of Windows 8.1 before the release of the free 10.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

lol

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

Check if you have a recovery partition. You may be able to reinstall Windows fresh from that if you do

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

thxs so much for the reply but it turns out the virus i had was pretty easy to get rid of . thxs tho!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube