add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair Air 240 cooling help

Stupidmouth

55 months ago

I have all my parts ordered for my first build, using the corsair air 240 matx case. I have a question on how I should set up my fans:

The case comes with 3 fans that I plan on using, I didn't order any other fans but I do have a corsair h100i coming in that comes with two fans I believe.

I'm going to place the radiator in the front of the case, should the included radiator fans be sucking air through the radiator and out the front of the case? Or blowing it through the rad into the case? Or should it be sucking air through the radiator, into the case?

What should I do with the 3 other included case fans? 1 exhaust top, 1 exhaust bottom and the 3rd? Or should I mount two onto the radiator for a push/pull config and just have one fan up top as an exhaust?

Clearly I'm lost when it comes to fan setup lol, any help would be appreciated!!

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

The radiator should be mounted as intake to maintain positive case pressure. You could mount the front fans as intake on the bottom, which would help a lot with cooling the GPU, since they would be blowing fresh air right onto it.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks jacob. So I should mount the radiator on the front with the fans pushing air through the rad into the case or pulling air through the rad into the case? Wouldn't it just be taking in warm air since it's passing through the radiator?

Im so lost its not even funny. Maybe I'll just mount the radiator on top and use it as an exhaust, and have the front fans blowing in fresh air

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

no need to worry, airflow and fans seem like a simple topic, but it can be one of the most confusing parts of building a high-end gaming You could have the fans in front of, or behind the radiator, as it won't make a huge difference as long as they are sucking air in. As for whether or not the air will heat up, it will will a little bit, but if you mount the two fans that come with the case on the bottom, the GPU (the only other part that really needs a lot of air) will have plenty of fresh, cool air.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube