add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
F4diNg

57 months ago

Hi. I am just wondering if an i5-4670k and r9 290x (8gb ram) could run every game at 1080p max settings at 60+ fps. If it can, can it run 1440p gaming at 60fps max settings??

Comments

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

If you don't own them yet, don't buy the 4670K as it's more expensive than the 4690K. Also, an 8GB 290X is pointless for 1080P gaming. It may help with newer games at 1440P, however.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh my bad, it was suposed to be the 4690k. Also, can you give me a gpu that can run every game at max settings 60+fps at 1080p? I would like it to be future proof. Thanks for the reply

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

There is no card out there that can run max settings on all games at 60+FPS, unless you're not counting Antialiasing and other post-processing effects. An standard R9 290X will be able to play most (If not all) games out there on Ultra settings.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, antialiasing and others off. Ok, thanks for the reccomendation. Also, for 1080p, gtx 970 or r9 290x

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Either, they're completely equal at 1080P. Look at some Vs. videos and you'll see either one beating the other in different games, usually just because the game is optimized better for Nvidia or AMD. I would say that the R9 290X is the stronger card overall though, because the higher Bus width and full 4GB of VRAM (Not that 3.5GB the 970 actually has) allows higher resolutions with no VRAM issues.

However, the R9 290X also pulls more power compared to the 970 (However, the 970's power draw is off and some of the higher end models can pull as much as or even more than a 290X, like the Gigabyte G1 Gaming which was designed for overclocking).

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, thanks for the advice! I think I will go with the gtx 970 from msi, it just looks awesome imo

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube