add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
barrelolaughs

57 months ago

Hey!

I need fan controller advice. I am currently running an AMD 8320, HIS R9 280x iq GFX card on a Gigabyte motherboard. All this is inside a Fractal R4 case (no window). I have x2 140mm fans in the front for intake, x1 120mm on the floor of the case blowing air on the GPU intake, one 140mm as exhaust on the top and an Antec Kuhler H20 920 as with x2 noctua 120mm fans on the back as exhaust. The 140mm stuff is run through the molex fan controller on the case, but I wanted to add a side intake fan also, and figure out a way to connect the fans all together so they change rpm depending on cpu / gpu temps.

How would I go about this? Does what I just wrote even make sense? Right now I just have everything running at max. The temps are great, I think, but oh my god, the NOISE....

Is there a fan controller / hub I can buy that will do this for me?

Thanks,

Barrel

Comments

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

NZXT has several fan controllers

https://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/77-sentry-2-fan-control.html

five channels and every channel takes a max of 10 watts which is a lot of fans.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Cool. Am thinking that grid thing will be good. Am already using CAM to monitor temps. That should be small enough to wack inside the case somewhere. I think replacing non noctua mish mash of fans I have with theirs will probably help also. Thanks!

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

By the way, directly replying to someone else's comment sends a message to their inbox to let them know you replied.

Anyways, look into non-digital fan controllers. Digital ones seem to get a lot more failures than just dials.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Cool. Noob. Lol. Thanks!

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

noctua fans are the best!! I agree with vitacomp, get a manual controller not the grid.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube