add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

EVGA Supernova G2 vs Supernova GS

RustyBread4
  • 59 months ago

I heard great things about both of these PSU series. Is there really a difference between these two and which one is better?

Comments

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Which GS?

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

550/650W

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

The higher end (850w+) GS units are slightly better than the G2 series, but the lower end ones (550-650) are slightly worse. All are great units though, so just go for whichever is cheaper and fits your needs.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm going for the 550-650 now, thanks Jacob.

• 59 months ago
  • 2 points

The g2 is better than the lower watt gs. They are about the same as the higher watt. Above 750. You can't go wrong with either.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

you cant compare them as the GS has 550 and 650, but the G2 starts at 750.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, great!

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry but I have to contradict this... the GS 850 and up are based on the seasonic X series which is tier 1 and the G2 by superflower which is a better unit. (all G2 are better than the GS)

jonnyguru gave the EVGA GS 850 (seasonic ) a 9.6

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=414

the evga G2 is also excellent but made by super flower and jonnyguru gave the G2 850 a 9.9 (Almost perfect!!)

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=377

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Ahh ok. I was under the impression that the Seasonic based units were better than the Super Flower one. It doesn't matter that much either way, since all are great PSUs.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

seasonic KM3 typically has better voltage regulation, superflower leadex have better ripple suppression (high ripple damages components and limitits stability when overclocking). both are even besides these two things, but both ripple and vreg are excellent in both.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

the unit is virtuallty the same. notice the performance and build quality scores (how good the psu is) are identical on both. the 850GS loses points due to a strange choice of connector and the price at the time of this review, which is lower than the 850G2 currently. splitting hairs between these two units is kind of pointless. :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube