add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Asus Z87-A Onboard speaker- help needed

hunter32tz
  • 83 months ago

I just ordered some parts from newegg for my upcoming gaming build, including the corsair 200r and asus z87-a motherboard. However, I can't find where I'd be getting that little speaker that you plug on the motherboard to hear post beeps. One does not come with the 200r, nor the motherboard. Is there already one build onto the motherboard or will I have to order it seperately?

If I do have to get one, could someone please link me one that would work?

Comments

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

The board does not come with an on board speaker no new motherboard come with this anymore. The board does feature a diagnostic LED system on it.

If you have issues with the post of the system there will be 4 LEDs on the board CPU GPU DRAM Boot Device

These will light up red in the event the system has an issue with one of those components allowing you to make and adjustment and recheck your system for a post.

Hope this helps.

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, it really does help alot. Guess I didn't realize how modern these new motherboards really are lol. I appreciate your help and can't wait to get the parts :D

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem good luck with the build!

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube