add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair CX430M or Cooler Master G550M? I am ordering parts within the hour so please help

ProphetXudos
  • 59 months ago

I don't need reasons, only answers. I will read the reasons you give me any though.

Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pfzQnQ

Also, these are my only options, no need to recommend anything else.

EDIT* found another one, the EVGA 500W White

Comments

• 59 months ago
  • 2 points

Go for the EVGA. The CX series can't deliver its full wattage, and I've heard bad things about the CM G series.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

best of the budget choices for sure.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

It looks as if you don't plan on overclocking (not with that CPU anyway) so 500-600W should probably leave enough margin for safety and taking it easy on the PSU so you may not run into any problems. That Corsair CX, IMHO, would not leave you with enough margin.

Both the CM G series and the Corsair CX(M) series are considered Tier 3 PSUs. The CX series has serious problems that usually happen immediately after the expiration of the warranty, especially on builds that push it harder. I don't know much about the CM G series beyond it's Tier 3. It appears to be modular which normally will add to the cost. If the price is normally low on it, it would make me not even consider it.

If that EVGA is a second gen unit (i.e. b2, s2, g2, p2 in the model number)... Then definitely go for it. Even if it isn't, it may serve you better than the other two anyway.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube