add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Got me PSUs.. now join um :)

RossMcIvor
  • 59 months ago

Hi.. I bought two psus, I got the EVGA 1200w p2 80+ Platinum, and a EVGA 750w semi-modular Bronze.. I understand the the PS_ON lines need to be connected together, and that maybe a internal ground connected. But does this cause any problems, like surges or over ampage in the line.. Was thinking that maybe a relay instead of a direct connection so the psus are isolated. Any ideas anyone

Comments

• 59 months ago
  • 2 points

Uhh..what? Are you saying you want to connect the PSUs? You can't do that.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

I did just mean the power on status with the ps_on cable, was thinking of just joining them or using a reed relay.. Don't know yet

http://www.thermaltake.com/db/products/PSU_Cable/Dual_PSU_24Pin_Adapter/pic1.jpg

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Just wondering, why two PSUs? That build you have saved doesn't reach 1000w and the custom parts don't seem like they would pull a lot more power. Seems like you could have just gotten a 1500/1600w Titanium unit instead.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Easy.. The top Haf stacker 915r has two usb link cables and a 8 pin connecter all external between the top with the second PSU, powering the car headunit and a smallish hdd, so I can take it away sometimes very easy. So I got a dj box, and computer audio sorted. Soon ill put car amps in the top 2, hench 20a 12v x 4 voltage rails, most amps, and headunits are about thus :)

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

But what about the connection differences? I doubt amps/headunits are going to be using PCI/MOLEX power connectors...

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

I will be using the pcie 12v+ and connecting it to a awg8 core cable just need to put 4 12v s together and it will deliver the ampage safely and the 5v line to power some usb stuff :)

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds like you're more into electrical engineering that I am. Hope it works out.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube