add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Case help

eferrer

77 months ago

Im building my first gaming pc and I sorta wanna go with a green color scheme since the mouse and keyboard are green but the case that I chose does not fit the scheme. Im having trouble finding a case that I like that will be black with green leds, compatible with all the parts, be under$100(or close if possible), and show the temperature if possible, so can anyone help me?Any suggestions to the overall build would be helpful too.Here is my build. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1kqct

I also want to know how well this would play games since I want to play games like LoL and BF3 on the higher end of settings.

Comments

• 77 months ago
  • 3 points

Get a plain case and add in green leds and led fans.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

I didn't know I could add in leds thats great to know for the future

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Any tower you like can be modified with new Green LED fans, cold cathodes and LED Strips. Just make sure you get the right size and thickness of fan and if you decide to add Cathodes make sure your case will support the Height or Length of the tube and ends.

About your build, I would recommend upgrading the PSU to at least 650. That will give you future upgrade room and the GPU I would go with XFX 7950 Double D, 2 reasons for that are the lifetime Warranty and longer life cycle for the card itself.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I found that out by searching up how to install the leds but what are cold cathodes? For the fans how do I know if they are the right size for the case? Do I look at what fan sizes come with the case and get led fans the same size?

Would a Corsair HX750 be a good choice for the PSU, and im not too sure about getting an XFX 7950 all the reviews were mixed with most saying that it has an overheating problem, black/blue error screens, and the fans getting too loud..

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks I found a great case, I went with the Apevia X-DREAMER4-GN ATX Mid Tower Case it fits all that I wanted

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

hmmm, I don't know if I would go with "great". :). It has a lot of features at a low price, but most of the components are junk. They have a bunch of quality issues. Just keep that in mind.

I would go with Djhidden5's advice and just add green LED's. They are brighter and allow more customization: http://www.coolerguys.com/840556093817.html. or

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/18271/lit-338/Akasa_Vegas_LED_Strip_Light_-_60cm_-_Green_AK-LD02-05GN.html?tl=g6c77s126#blank

So get an Antec one or a Corsair 200R and add what you need. This one would be the bomb: 300R with window!!!

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

About the 300R or any case without leds, if I chose that case where would I put the leds if I decided to add them? Across the edges of the window?The top of the inside of the case?

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

There is room to tuck them out of sight at the top or bottom of the case. They have self adhesive tape.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Ahh, ok I read that they had the adhesive but I had no idea where I would be able to stick them, thank you for the help ill probably go with that case then.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Well I would paint them but I like cases being black with leds

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube