add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

50 dollar 550 watt and up powersupply

Ac6000tr
  • 59 months ago

Hi i need help finding a 50-60 dollar 550 watt (preferably 650 watts) power supply that is at least a tier 2 so i can do some overclocking with it (Pentium g3258).

Thanks!!

Comments

• 59 months ago
  • 2 points

any cheaper than this and you're in subpar to house fire territory.

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1550sxxb9

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

That psu says it does not susport haswell what does that mean.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

haswell's super low power state. you can disable C6/C7 state in your motherboard's bios and it'll be fine.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for that I will go with this then

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

What do you think about corsair cs and cx series I know that are tier 3 but could I overclock the g3258 and later a i5 or should I just stay away.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

they'll work fine for a couple of years then die. the cx is around the same price as the xfx and the cs is more expensive. no point looking at them IMO.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for that

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

I believe you mean haswell's low power 'sleep' states.... That's nothing... you can disable that in the bios. If you don't disable it and your power supply sucks (which this one doesn't) all that will happen is that the system will re-boot. Or.. alternatively... Just don't use the sleep function in windows.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

I would recommend the Evga B2 750 watt psu, its currently is $49 which makes it the cheapest tier 2 psu out there.

• 59 months ago
  • 2 points

Should probably mention that it's only with a rebate. Upfront cost is 79,

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

What do you think about corsair cs and cx series I know that are tier 3 but could I overclock the g3258 and later a i5 or should I just stay away.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

I would just stay away from them, they aren't going to blow up but if you want to upgrade later on you would really want to replace it and it would end up costing you more money to do so and a tier 2 psu like a XFX psu is only around $50.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks

• 59 months ago
  • -1 points

Cheapest PSU for 650Watts... at least the cheapest I would dare buying. https://pcpartpicker.com/part/thermaltake-power-supply-sp650pcbus

Otherwise go with the one #pureblackfire suggested.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

That psu is bad, its definitely not tier 2 which is what OP requested.

• 59 months ago
  • 0 points

my bad forget about it then..

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube