add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
StarIlluminator
  • 59 months ago

Am i going to much with my powersupply for my build? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BdQjQ7

Comments

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

nope, you're good for 980 SLI.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

No, Choose tire 1 PSU

http://i.imgur.com/tgrbCnr.jpg

[comment deleted]
  • 59 months ago
  • 1 point

With the Gtx 980 ti possibly coming out soon, i may in the future get a second card when and if the price drops. Would it still be safe? Because the estimate it is giving me is close to 600 with two cards.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

GTX 980Ti has been pushed back to September for release.

[comment deleted]
  • 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah it going to be a head to head battle but other than that ill stick with the power supply that i have and ill check out the R9 see what would be more appropriate thank you very much.

[comment deleted]
  • 59 months ago
  • 1 point

You've measured the individual card, and it pulls 340w? I doubt that's true. TomsHardware showed the Gigabyte 980 pulling 270W. 340 is a bit of a jump.

[comment deleted]
  • 59 months ago
  • 2 points

People trust too much in reference tdp to pay attention to real possible power draw.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

WOW! I guess the numbers don't lie. That's pretty ridiculous.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Honestly that's not that bad. The MSI card is the worst offender of that group, and it only uses 17W more than the reference card. It's just crazy that the Gigabyte cards use around twice the rated TDP.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube