add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Please help. I dont know what to do

AmdVsIntel

57 months ago

So when I was building my pc, I added the CM hyper 212 evo after putting on thermal paste that came with it. After building my pc and getting everything complete, I kind of bumped my hand into the cpu cooler and it like rotated about 15 degrees counterclockwise. My question is, should I take it off and see if it spilled the paste over the sides and into the cpu? my temps are 50C under full load. when its not under full load, its around 35C to 40C. PLease give me your advice.

Comments

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

...see if it spilled the paste over the sides and into the cpu?

Unable to reasonably comment since result will depend on how much thermal compound you applied.

If cautious, redo. If you decide to redo, you can check whether you applied too much/too little thermal compound while you're at it. Remember to clean off the old thermal compound with appropriate cleaners such as isopropyl alcohol.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

those temps are perfectly fine. If you are using a thermal paste like arctic silver I would be worried if some spill on the mobo. If you applied a grain of rice of thermal paste on the center of the cpu (remember it will spread and shouldn't spill outside) I wouldn't worried. I think the one that comes with the evo is non conductive but im not sure..

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube