add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Elite vs Evolv ITX

Karl0508

55 months ago

Hey guys

Building myself a NAS/SERVER with a Z87I board i had lying around and wanted to choose a sub £45 case, i will need 2 hdd bay minimum and wanted to have an extra if needed, (please note did look into the source 210 but didn't like the looks) I want to turn this on in the corner and not have to worry about it, however it is to noted using non modular PSU (would use sfx if they where cheaper) So the 3 cases i had a look at are:-

Evolv ITX:- PROS good support can take 3 hdd and 1 ssd, completely dust filtered looks good, good clearance for cpu cooler, a fan worth 1/2 of the case included for free CONS its rather large.

Elite 130: PROS good expansion in the form of 3 hdd and an ssd, small and compact CONS Not dust proof at all, side vents worry me

Elite 110:- PROS good expansion in the form of 3 hdd and an ssd, small and compact, looks funky CONS Not dust proof at all on sides like 130, side vents worry me, also while also a pro size and squeezing build in looks awkward.

So which case of these would anyone suggest, or any other sub 45 case, open to suggestion.

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

The Elite 130 is the best mix of size/functionality for your purposes. The EVOLV isn't very compact and is only really worth it if you want to water cool.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Size is not an issue and i quite like the flexibility of the Evolv

Plus buying those dust filter quickly take it out of my price range, i want a case i can just buy and go

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

will i need additional filter or will i just have to blow it out more often?

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

the evolv itx comes with filters and you only need them where you are intaking air.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

But would it really make a difference on the elite 110? would i need them?

Also the SG13B looks good but only got space for 3 2.5" drives :(

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

the elite 110 has some kind of mesh in the front which I refuse to call a filter. It does trap some dust. It is really not that bad as my fans are all PWM so at idle you wont even hear them. I would say opening the case regularly and blowing some air should do the trick. If you are so worried you can get the front panel filter.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube