add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Found a case hardly ever mentioned anywhere.. worth a buy?

rj808x

77 months ago

I am in search of a computer case that has a hot swappable feature, usb 3.0 capabilities, and door-less. At first it was between Rosewill Black Hawk and Cooler Master 690 II Advanced.. but ebay listed Gamemax as a case, which I never heard of. Browsing through their website I found this case which has all my needs and then some. It has a built in SD reader, a feature I haven't seen on any case I was looking at and all the fans come with magnetic dust filters that can be accessed externally. (Cooler Master keeps their PSU dust filter on the inside of the case which seems odd). I was wondering if there is anyone out there who bought this or had any experience with this case. Would like to hear positives/negatives about it. Gamemax 9902

Comments

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

I feel safer just reading that and healthier too ;)

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

I know right! :D This case is on level Asian right now.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

I like that bulge on the side where the optional 200mm fan goes. It gives you a little more room for a cpu cooler. I don't know anything about carbon steel, so I have no idea if any of the hype is true. Most cases are either plastic (cheap) or aluminum (lighter and cooler). I don't know of another company that makes all-steel cases. It will be a little heavier than most, but not a lot. All of my systems had steel cases up until the last one.

My worry about the dust filters is where to get new ones. You can rinse them for a while but eventually they have to be replaced. You can get filter material from a lot of places but I don't know if the magnetic sections on these filters are integral to the filters and if they pop off. Not a major concern, you can figure something out.

If the price is good and it holds everything you need, go for it. It may suck, it may not. Since it's an unknown, you're probably paying more than you have to for that particular case, but if it's a better price than others, it doesn't matter.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

I particularly don't really care about the material. Steel is nice because it is sturdy but heavy, aluminum is light weight but can warp if something where to hit it or fall on it. www.xoxide.com actually sells magnetic dust filters if you have cases without them :)

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Good luck buying Gamemax 9902 any where locally, only place I have found is in China and no price or stock listing available. I myself own a CM692 Advanced and it is a very decent and sturdy tower, just wish there were more options for the side panel.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

I emailed the guy listed on the website. Apparently Gamemax sells their cases as OEM to the company Ultra. The quality seems lower, but this is pretty much the same case, minus the window. http://www.ultraproducts.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2851011&Sku=U12-42151

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks.. seems like it has positive customer feedback on tigerdirect.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube